Friday, January 05, 2007

What's New?

Well, nothing really! I just got back from paying my tuition to USF so I'm poor again! Just when I thought I could see the light after the Christmas shopping extravaganza...Oh well...I am working on my education right-I'm a student again and that means I'll be poor for a while. Good thing I have an ID card now and I can get in at the movies cheaper-that is if I can still afford the price-and other discounts.

On another note, there are only 2 1/2 days left of my vacation. AGH!!!! I'm not sure I'll be able to get back into the sleep routine-staying up until 12:30am and getting up at 10:00am is really starting to sink in. I know Peanut will not be ready for me to be off the couch and gone all day.

Resolutions: I have never been one to making and sticking to a resolution, but this year I have a few things I want to work towards so here goes...I'm telling you in hopes that you'll keep me on track...

1. I want to lose at least one size and a few inches and a few pounds before the cruise in early May...so here's how I'll do that...I just bought a pedometer and plan on taking more steps than the day before. I'm also going to eat smaller portions. I had to quit the gym since I was just giving them my money every month with me not showing up, plus I'll have a cheaper gym through USF if I choose to go.

2. Budget my money better. It seems that every year I say this, but this year, with going back to school, I really need do it...so here's how I'll do that...I am not going to go to Ann Taylor to buy clothes just because they send me a coupon every month or so. I'm going to check my account on a more regular basis so I'm more aware of how much I have in there. I'm going to put money aside for the cruise and only spend what I bring.

I think that's it for now. Now if I stray once or twice, I'll just get back on track. Wish me luck!
Now time to put some Christmas decorations away and take a nap...maybe not in that order.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are off to a great New Year!! Grace is standing beside me and she saw peanut's picture and she says "Awwwww....she's so cute!!!"

Talk to you soon..

Robin

Michele L from Tampa said...

that cruise in may - does that mean you finally caved and will be going to the hilltop one? i hope so! I never make resolutions, as I break them! I was going to say buy less scrapbooking stuff - but that is just insane. i know not to say buy less qk's that is even more insane! i will just buy what is needed! no wants.