Friday, January 19, 2007

Advice please!

UGH! So many of you know that I live in a condo...well in November, the lady above me sold her place. A young guy bought the place and he and his girlfriend live there. Well, shortly after he moved in-(Thanksgiving morning) while he was in the middle of fixing it up, he came home around 5:00am and since his parking spot is right behind my bed, I could hear him pull in-don't really care and didn't really notice the time until he and his girlfriend were upstairs and it sounded like they were stomping all around-I am assuming at this point that he has ripped up the carpet since I could hear them walking-stomping-around and never could hear the lady before him...then the gf was yelling at him and again I could hear it all...I was so p***** and they finally stopped yelling around maybe 5:45...so I finally close my eyes again and then 6:00 I hear sawing coming from the bathroom upstairs. Now I am fuming!!! So I had to be up at 6:30 so I'm sure you can imagine how furious I am at this point. Well, I decide that I'm going to knock on his door and tell him to stop sawing...I do but no answer...Then when I finally get up for the day to meet my family for the Turkey Trot and hear no noises anymore from his place-he must have fallen asleep-oh but not for long!!! I slam EVERY door-several times for no reason but to wake his a** up! Remember I've been up for 2 hours for no good reason. I guess I woke him up-oh darn-because he was on his balcony when I was leaving so I go off on him telling him that I can hear everything-from him sawing to them yelling and that it was the wrong hour of the day to do either and I say I know you are working on your place but hurry up and get carpet because I can hear all of the walking around. Later that day he apologized and I said thanks he said it'll never happen again...so I tell him I did look up the carpet thing and the 2nd floor has to have carpet from wall to wall except for the bathroom and kitchen. He says ok thanks...

Fast forward to the next few months...I hear her/gf walking around all the time-reason why I know it's her and not him because when he's there alone, I don't hear any kind of walking-maybe he just stands by the front door...but not her-when she's there I hear her walking all over. It's like she's stomping instead of walking...I've been frustrated thinking well he knows about the carpet-he has the same bylaws and rules as I have and I wish he'd hurry up and get carpet...
So on Wednesday night I hear water start to trickle down from somewhere. I go looking and water is coming from above and into where my air unit and water heater are located. I haven't had my air on in a few days so I assume it can't be me-so upstairs I go to see if he's leaking-anyway he is and what do I see on the floor of his place?!!!!????!!?!?!?!?! WOOD FLOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about flipped out! But I contained myself and came back down and pulled out my condo documents to make sure I am reading things right-yet again and I am....SO.....now that you all are asleep....WHAT DO I DO???????????????????

I am on the board for the condo, and am going to say something to the president but come on people...you live in a condo and you agree to the rules before you move in but after you are in, you can't decide not to follow them.
WHAT DO I DO??? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!

Sorry about this being so long, but I had to give you the background!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You turn him in....or move!
If it is cauing you not to be able to enjoy your home....then you have a valid reason. Not to mention it is stated in the condo docs....wall to wall carpet.
Robin

Cheryl said...

ARG, I so feel your pain. When we lived in our apartment before getting the house in Oct '06, we had nightmare problems & noise. The people above us WALKED all the time, cooked food that somehow smelled up our place, sounded like they were bowling or vacuming at all hours. The people that shared our bedroom wall FOUGHT all the time. One time they left their alarm clock set for 6am and went on vacation. The alarm went off every morning and didn't quit ringing for two hours (until it automatically went off)..this went on through a long weekend. I didn't have to get up at 6am and couldn't sleep through the 2 hours it rang.

Sorry..we were talking about your problem. I would bring it to the boards attention and ASAP. He MUST be made to adhear to the Condo rules. It is an awful situation. Feel free to vent to us anytime.

Good luck!!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Man oh man! I would turn him in! Signed agreement is a signed agreement. I can feel your pain. I had to move into my sons room to try to get some sleep! And his bed is not comfy!

Kip said...

and that's why I hate condo's and apartments, lol! I can't stand hearing people on the other side of the walls or ceiling, stomping around, music, dog barking,etc. Seems to me that you'll have to hit him up with the condo rules. Good luck!