Sunday, February 04, 2007

Well...

Here I sit and can still hear them above me. We had a board meeting on Wednesday and the prez suggested that we form a committee to see what the sounds are and if they are bad or not. If they are bad, then we will look into amending the bylaws, if it's unbearable, then they will have to remove them. I don't think it's fair to ammend the bylaws because someone "lost them and didn't know they couldn't" Oh and he claims that I never told him about the carpet....ARE YOU FU***** KIDDING ME!!!!???? Oh and he says the prez told him that he could put them down-the prez says he never had a conversation about that with him...Anyway, I haven't spoken to anyone here since Weds. and don't look forward to the listening session this Weds...who's to say that the noises they produce on Weds are the same noises that they produce on a normal everyday basis? And how valid is this going to be? Oh and the other people at the meeting claim they hear the person above them and they have carpet...I told them that if they think they can hear them now-just wait until they are allowed to put other flooring in and then see how much they can hear them then! I don't think these people are man enough to stick to our own rules...well they are all gay men so that pretty much explains it! They just want us all to live peacefully...well we would have had they followed the rules!!!

So because of this drama in my life, I've decided that I think I don't want to live in a condo anymore...I have been driving around the neighborhoods and have seen some really cute places and happened to talk to my aunt yesterday and she told me about a house that they own that they have for sale. So I go by and look at it and OMG! It is sooo cute and for a REALLY good price in the area it's in...2/1, huge fenced backyard, hardwood floors, new tile in kitchen, washer, dryer, garage, new blinds-dishwasher-fans, etc...just precious! So I call her back and tell ask her how much is it and she tells me and then says they were supposed to close on Friday for it, but the guys' financing didn't go through, but it could go through on Mon. Well, I take Phil by and he loves it too...I called her back today and said if he can't come up with financing, hold it for me and we will start the processing for my house to sell and for me to get financing...My mom's not too happy because she wants me to have a ring before we do anything like that. I agree and have told Phil that I don't have a commitment yet from him and I'll continue to drop hints to him about it...
But that house may not go through since the guy can come back on Monday and have financing but I am still going to go through the paperwork to see what I can get so if we see another house I'll be ready...
Phil is ready to get the truck loaded up and move in tomorrow, but I keep telling him that it's not that simple...the process is long and I can't do anything unless this place sells and can use the money as a down payment. So...that's the latest. I'll keep you posted! I'm not holding my breath, but it'd be nice to move onward.
So with that-enjoy the superbowl! I don't care who wins...just like the comercials, and the food at the party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Amy!! I am checking in from our hotel...free internet access and a 'puter. That's not good about the upstairs neighbor!! Maybe some good things will come as a result of the whole thing. Hoping a committment comes real soon, it's the least he could do. Ya'll have been together plenty for him to have "figured" things out....

hugs,
Robin

Michele L from Tampa said...

Fingers crossed for ya! I do want Dungy to win, but actually watching for the commercials too and Prince - WOW!!!!!

Kip said...

wow, don't blame you though. It sounds like the "others" at the condo are weak and not going to do anything afterall...typical....now about you and Phil buying the house..here's the problem..if you break up, you'll have to either buy him out or sell the house and split the proceeds..be sure you're ready to do either/or before you sign anything...if you can't, you have no business doing it as it's a possibility for sure...you've been together long enough..he should know whether he wants to commit or not by now....words of wisdom by MOI!!

Cheryl said...

OMG. I can't believe how long since I check in on you.

Great game!!!!

What is going on with the house?? I'm sure everything will work out the way it should. eally hard to wait though isn't it??