Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thanks!

Thank you for your thoughts! The latest that I have heard is that my uncle is doing ok. He is in the hospital. The surgery went well-expect that instead of a triple bypass, he had to have a quadrouple (sp?). But he is resting, and recovering.
Today I get a call from my mom that my grandma was down there-Port Charlotte with my uncle, and fell and broke her shoulder. She had a compound fracture. She is back now as my mom and aunt went down to get her and bring her back. So now she is in pain and living with one working arm-not the one she uses most...So I'll be helping her out this week, shopping, making dinner, cleaning up, maybe even take her Christmas shopping. She lives close so it won't be a problem.

I have been just hanging in there. Phil has been sick, so I've been nursing him back to health-men sure are no fun when they are sick. Such babies...

This week I am going to work on my Christmas cards and other holiday items I'm making. Also still working on my mom's album-should be done this week. I'll take pics!

I need to get a tree too. And a new tree stand since I think I threw mine out last year. I think I just didn't want to find a place to store it...why did I do that...wasn't thinking that it'd cost me money to buy a new one...use the noggin Amy!

Thanks again for thinking of me!

3 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well, but not glad to hear about your grandmother. Make sure she exercises it - even though it is gonna hurt like a dickens.

Take are of yourself - see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

glad your uncle is doing well....can't wait to see your decorated tree, post a pic soon!!

Robin

P.S. Maybe you can come on down once you get out of school for Christmas break????????????????????????????????? :-)

Kate G said...

Jeezes - sorry about your granny & furthermore your uncle. I haven't stopped by in a while to catch up. You'd think with my closet so close I'd know what's going on... Hope everyone recovers well in time for this holiday! see ya around the vestabule!