Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ebay and updates

I bought my first thing on ebay last night. I had been bidding since Saturday and kept getting outbid. Finally I figured it all out and made sure my bid was high enough. Well, some a**hole wanted to have a bidding war with me and kept increasing the bid with only minutes left which made my heart race, my fingers work a little faster and my stress level increase. I was ready to win and I finally did.

2 tickets to the Outback Bowl -pretty good seats-and only one ticket is for me. The other is for Phil for Christmas. SHHHH!!! Don't tell him. He likes Penn State and they are in the game and since it's close-and not too pricey, I figured I could handle it.

UPDATES: My grandma is having an MRI tomorrow night to see how bad the break is. If it's her rotator cuff-then she is looking at surgery. If not, she is looking at just resting her arm. She is trying to move it a little, which the Dr. said she could unless the pain is too much. She just doesn't want it to get too stiff.

My uncle was supposed to go home yesterday and is doing well.

So all is pretty good.

Except for one thing. My sorority. Delta Gamma at UCF will be no longer as of Sunday, Dec. 10. We are having a closing ritual on Sunday and I'm sure there will lots of tears shed. I know I probably will be doing some. DG was a huge part of my college experience and I'll be sad to know that it will no longer be at UCF. Very sad. I got word of the final decision to close the chapter in an email last night and it hit me today at work as many of my sisters were emailing each other letting them know of the details. I made soo many great friends through Delta Gamma...and UCF-just won't seem the same to have UCF without Delta Gamma. What will I do about my email address? I'll keep it-since I will always be a UCFDG!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winnning those tickets!!! Hope your Grandma is feeling better soon. :-)Robin