Saturday, March 01, 2008

THE dress!!!

I found it! My mom and I went to David's Bridal on Thursday and started the search for my wedding dress. We found a few and I was actually thinking by the end of the day on Friday that one of the dresses would be the one.

This morning I had an appointment for Jon's Bridal in Tampa. My mom and grandma drove over. The lady, Denise, was very helpful and listened to what I wanted or what I thought I wanted. We tried on some dresses and after nothing really jumped out at me, she started bringing me some other dresses that she thought I might like. Well, I found it!

My dress is called a candlelight color-basically ivory. It is tafetta, gathers in the front towards the top and has just a little bit of beading and sequins. It looked very flattering in the mirrors. On of the mirrors was a distance away and she kept having me look into that one since that's what I'll look like in the pictures. Each time I looked in that mirror with the other dresses on, I didn't look right in the dresses. But with this one on, I looked perfect. She asked me in the beginning how I wanted to look on my wedding day and I told her I wanted to feel/look "pretty". When I tried on this dress and looked in all the mirrors, I said "It's so pretty!"-without realizing it.

So I won't keep you in suspence until November (or later) when the wedding pictures are back so show you the dress...
Here it is...The hair is not how I'll wear it, not the veil or headpiece I'll wear, the straps need to be taken in some and of course the length, but it fits perfect. Once I loose another 10 or more pounds it may need to be taken in some.

EDITED!! The pictures have been removed and now you have to wait until the wedding or wedding pictures to see! Sorry!

What do you think???

I love it!!!!! I want to put it on again! We left it at my parents' house since Phil is living here now.

I love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Kip said...

It's GEORGOUS Amy and you look wonderful in it!!!

eljay716 said...

oh Amy I love it!! you look so beautiful! thank you for being kind and showing us!!

JulesinParadise said...

Oh how lovely. This is the icing on the cake for your perfect day!

Robin said...

IT LOOKS PERFECT!! LOVE, LOVE the GATHERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to find MY dress now!

:-)Robin

:Jayne said...

OHHHH you look so pretty! It's the perfect dress for you. Can't wait to see the pics from the real day!

:J