Saturday, September 09, 2006

WOW is about all I can say!

I am still amazed! I went to UCF from 93-97 and when I left they were in the process of building the first parking garage on campus. (Why hadn't they done that earlier? Parking was crazy when I was there!) Well, Thursday evening my brother-who plays soccer for UNF-was having a soccer game against UCF-so since it is only 2 hours away, my folks and I hopped in the car and took the easy ride over to watch the game. Much to my surprise as we pull up, I see they are working on another parking garage-I think it is the 2nd one-but NO! There were at least 7 parking garages now and about 15 more sets of dorms compared to the 3 sets they had when I was there. I was floored-there were even stop lights on campus now and there weren't any when I was there. As my mom drove, I just sat there awestruck! I couldn't believe what I saw! Apartment stlye dorms, new buildings, a brand new gym-better than the Lifestyles I belong to-with a rock climbing wall! And so much more . There used to be one road that went all around the campus and you had to walk into the center of campus, but now there are all these roads that go into the center, and about 5 entrances (that I saw) compared to the 2 or 3 back then. It makes me want to go back just to experience it all again! WOW!!!

The game was ok-but Pat didn't get to play. I'm sure he is disappointed since he is such a good player, better than some of the players that did play. But we got to see him and talk to him and I gave him some banana bread I had made for him. My mom says he is homesick, I think so too. He is getting to know the other players on the team-as he lives with 2 of them, but other than that he really doesn't know many other people there. I want to make a trip up there to visit him and spoil him. Maybe in a few weeks I'll take a road trip. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

I did not know UVF had dorms or I would have sent my son there instead of usf right down the road lol. Sorry bro did not get to play when you guys were there - but still the support means the world!

Michele

Kate G said...

That's no fun to work hard at practice, fell homesick & not get to play in the game... I be they are just seasoning him. He'll be there on the field soon I bet. Good to see your face in e-space... Don't take anything on my blog to heart... It's just my opinion & mostly for jokes.