Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Long time no blog

As most of you already know, my girl Peanut was attacked 2 weeks ago by a pit bull. We were outside ready to go walking when it came over and just bit into her back. It was the most horrifying experience I have ever seen! I felt so helpless!
But my girl is pulling through! She is resting a lot, and taking it easy. She has been on lots of medications and is starting be act like her self again-barking/growling when people pass my door. Her barks are soft now because of her lungs, but I'm sure in time, her barks will be back to normal. She wants to be everywhere I am, which is normal. But she isn't too fond of going outside to go to the bathroom now. When I take her out, she just sits there are looks at me like I'm crazy. There are puppy pads around the house for her to use and when we can go walking again, hopefully she'll be back to normal in that area.

I hired an attorney to take care of getting money to pay for the huge vet bills. The owner of the pit bull will not return my calls so I'll let the attorney take care of that!
Here are some pictures of my girl and her recovery. I'll start with the better ones and work my way to the gross wounds. They really aren't that bad in the picture, but I know some people have weak stomachs. I'll end things here too, so if you don't want to go on you don't have to. I did caption the pictures though...Anyway, we go to the vet tomorrow evening to get the staples and drains out.

Here she is when she first came home from the vet-resting on the couch.
And here she is in the oxygen cage. She had to go back to the vet 3 days after we'd been home because she was breathing funny. She had a collapsed lung with air in her chest cavity and pneumonia in the other lung. Doesn't she look so pitiful?!
Now for the kinda yucky ones-they are really just sad looking.


This is the side that had the bad lung wounds. She has staples from the top of her back to where her front leg is. There are drains coming out to help the inside wounds heal. They had to shave her back...


Here's the other side-see the staple and drains. This is the side that ended up getting pneumonia.

And this is the top view of her. This looks the worst. I just felt soo bad for her.

4 comments:

Kip said...

oh god, I just want to strangle that dog that did that to her, the poor thing. I'd worry too about peeing outside if that had happened to me. I'm so glad she's doing better.

Kip

eljay716 said...

oh your poor Peanut. I am so sorry. I hope your lawyer can get you some justice because where I come from that dog would not last long.
Thanks for posting and letting us see how she is. Love ya.

:Jayne said...

Poor Poor Peanut. She is so lucky to have survived this. And I'm so glad she did! I hope you get some justice from this. I love most all dogs, except ones who hurt others for no reason!
Hope all is well otherwise and Peanut gets better soon!

:J

Michele L from Tampa said...

Ouch, I just wanna cry again for poor Peanut. Hope he is doing better! Hang in there!