Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What a day!

I was so enjoying the rain and thunderstorm we were having here this morning as I was trying to sleep in...but then, I heard drips in my shower...well I've always had the drips, but the drips were making a bit louder sound. Seems that we were not draining properly. We as in the rest of the people on the downstairs. So we called the plumber who came out and released the drain to the sewer and snaked us out...problem solved...I was lucky that my tub didn't overflow and there was no overflow from my toilet, but still serious scrubbing needed to occur in my place. My neighbor has a shower in his place with no tub, so the water overflowed and went throughout his entire place. Sewer water at that. YUCK!! His rugs are soaked, speakers ruining, some furniture ruined. I am so glad that I'm not in his shoes...

So a cleaning I go...scrubbing away the yuck! Then I jump in the shower and as I neared the end of my shower, the toilet gurgled again...AGH!!! I flush and sure enough, it rises to the top...and the plunging didn't help one bit. I check with my neighbors and they hear gurgling too...so we have to call the plumber back to fix it again. Man! Good thing I wasn't going to do anything today-except scrapbook, but now I may put that off until tomorrow.

No comments: