Saturday, May 19, 2007

Where have you been?

So sorry about the MAJOR delay in blogging!
Been kinda busy...
My intern was finishing up so you know who had to take over teaching...
Let's see, then I went on a cruise...had a blast!!! It was soo relaxing...here's some pictures... Oh and I got strep throat right before I left so I was on antibiotics.
Still made sure I had fun though!!!
Here's the boat when we were in Nassau, Bahamas.
And here's the view of the water from Half Moon Cay-the private island we spent the day at. We just floated in the water all day. I am still peeling...

When we got back from the island, a few of us treated ourselves to a Do it Herself Spa Night...We laughed sooo hard. Here's Kip, Linda, Jayne, Me and Robin as we are preparing to spoil ourselves.
And here we are after we oiled ourselves up before festering in the Sauna...don't we look attractive!?



It was so nice to relax! Linda, when are we going on the next cruise? Sign me up!!







Then we got back on dry land and I got a call for an interview at a Fundamental School.
The interview was this past Thursday and I was a nervous wreck! But, Friday morning, they called and offered me the position. I was so excited. Of course I said yes, and then it hit me. The tears came, the overwhelming job of packing up 9 years of teaching materials, and the last day of school for the kids. But, I made it through the day and at the end of the day, I realized that I couldn't watch this group of kids grow up, like I'd done for the other little ones I'd had. Then the tears flowed a little more. But, I am very excited about the change I am making. I'm ready for something new! I will miss everyone at my school now, but look forward to the new experience.


I made my volunteers some end of the year gifts and they loved them! I really liked how they turned out too! Here's some pictures:

I took photos of each of their children during the year and put them on the cube and added embellishments, and such...
Ok well, I'm off to my brother's graduation party.
I hope I have given you a little something to hold you over until the next time I blog! I'll try not to wait so long next time!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

Yeah Miss Amy blogged! Love the pictures! And those gifts are very nice! Miss ya already!

eljay716 said...

so glad you are back!! have missed you. I don't know much about fundamental schools but I know they are lucky to get you!