Sunday, May 03, 2009

You had to be there...

Saturday morning, Phil and I headed down to Ringling Museum for my cousin's wedding. It was a very lovely garden wedding and with less than 50 people attending. Odd for my family. But it was very nice. Hot, but nice.

After the wedding Phil and I checked in at our hotel and headed to the reception at Ceviche. YUM!!!!! OMG!!!! YUM!!!!!

My aunt and uncle got a room too but, he and the kids came down with the flu so it was just my aunt at the wedding and reception. Well, somehow she talked my other aunts and mom into staying and partying that night with Phil and I. They had no extra clothes, no makeup, nothing.

With a stop at the local goodwill for some sleep clothes and going out clothes, they were finally all set. The stop at goodwill was story enough. Phil was the only male amongst all of us women and we have this ongoing joke that all of my aunts are his "bitches." From my "cougar" aunts to hoochie mama shorts...oh my!

We all changed and took the hotel bus to a local resturant to meet up with my uncle and aunt(whose son got married) for dinner and drinks. The place we went to was a little on the classy side, and our goodwill outfits...haha! Many laughs and stories.

This morning, we all got up and went to breakfast after they had a knock on their door from a neighboring hotel guest at 7am to ask them to quiet down. They were no where near as loud this morning as we were last night!

Just a lot of fun and laughs! Phil was a good sport!

I guess you had to be there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

.....sounds like fun! ....gotta love a good laugh. :-)

Kip said...

Sounds like a good time to me!

Unknown said...

The Ringling Museum? Did they have a special connection to get a wedding there? Do you know if it has a page on http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/event_venues_wedding_sites.html? I wonder if the small wedding was because they couldn't have more in the venue. Sounds cool though.